Mondelēz International Releases Racial Equity Audit Report
December 15, 2023CHICAGO, December 15, 2023 – Mondelēz International, Inc. (Nasdaq: MDLZ) believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) are key to our success to drive innovative, more sustainable growth. In 2022, we voluntarily commissioned a third-party racial equity audit by WilmerHale, a law firm with significant experience conducting these reviews for leading companies. We undertook this review to help us understand how we can continue to optimize our business objectives and also be responsive to shareholder perspectives.
In its comprehensive audit, WilmerHale interviewed over 110 internal stakeholders and reviewed hundreds of documents across both internal and external aspects of our business, including marketing, philanthropy, political contributions, supplier diversity, internal workforce efforts, and environmental considerations. The audit covered U.S. and Canadian aspects of our business, and while it focused on racial equity, it also considered issues related to gender.
We were pleased that the audit found that we have made progress on promoting equity at our company, including:
- Our responsible marketing policies and procedures are well-conceived and receive management-level attention.
- We have enhanced our processes for vetting political contributions and considering political engagement.
- We have increased our spending with minority- and women-owned businesses.
- We have invested significant time and resources in developing our DE&I infrastructure and strategies.
- We have numerous processes in place designed to recruit and develop talent, including diverse talent.
- We have no statistically significant pay gap with respect to race in the United States and a <1% (and narrowing) gender pay gap.
- We are investing in developing advanced chemical recycling infrastructure to support both recyclability of flexible film packaging and increased circularity to help reduce environmental impact in the communities where we operate and beyond.
- Enhancing our governance around marketing and political contributions.
- Enhancing the ongoing policy review process.
- Strengthening our systems and resources related to:
- workplace investigations,
- talent management, and
- supplier diversity.
- Continuing to focus on healthy lifestyles through our external engagements.
About Mondelēz International
Mondelēz International, Inc. (Nasdaq: MDLZ) empowers people to snack right in over 150 countries around the world. With 2022 net revenues of approximately $31 billion, MDLZ is leading the future of snacking with iconic global and local brands such as Oreo, Ritz, LU, Clif Bar and Tate's Bake Shop biscuits and baked snacks, as well as Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate. Mondelēz International is a proud member of the Standard and Poor’s 500, Nasdaq 100 and Dow Jones Sustainability Index. Visit www.mondelezinternational.com or follow the company on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MDLZ.
Tracey Noe (Media)
+1 847 943 5678