GOALS & PROGRESS
Our ESG Progress
We are committed to regularly and transparently reporting our progress.
We track adoption of standards such as those published by the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) and the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), and we disclose alignment indexes to SASB and TCFD. We will continue to consider shareholder feedback as we align our sustainability reporting with evolving standards.
Snacking More Mindfully
Up to 100% of our net revenue through Mindful Portion Snacks, those in either individually wrapped mindful portion serving sizes or with mindful portion labeling on pack1
More Sustainable Snacking
Ingredients: 100% cocoa volume for chocolate brands sourced through Cocoa Life by 20252
Ingredients: Maintain 100% Palm Oil volume Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) certified3
Ingredients: 100% cage free eggs globally by 2025 excluding Russia & Ukraine (Russia to be determined & Ukraine by 2027)4
Ingredients: Dairy supply sourced from suppliers with formal animal welfare standards5
Ingredients: 100% wheat volume needed for Europe business biscuits production grown under the Harmony charter by 2022
Environment: 10% end-to-end CO2e emissions reductions by 2025 (vs. 2018)6
Environment: 10% CO2e emissions reductions across our manufacturing operations by 2025 (vs. 2018)
Environment: 10% absolute water usage reduction in priority sites by 2025 (vs. 2018)7
Environment: 15% food waste reduction in internal manufacturing sites by 2025 (vs. 2018)
Environment: 50% food waste reduction from distribution by 2025 (vs. 2018)
Packaging: 100% packaging designed to be recyclable by 20258
Packaging: 5% reduction in virgin plastic by 2025 (vs. 2020)8
Packaging: 25% reduction in rigid virgin plastic by 2025 (vs. 2020)8
Packaging: 5% recycled plastic content by 20258
COLLEAGUE & COMMUNITY WELL-BEING
Social: 100% manufacturing sites completed SMETA audit within the past 3 years9
Social: 100% prioritized supplier sites completed SMETA audit in past 3 years10
Social: Child Labor Monitoring & Remediation Systems (CLMRS) cover 100% Cocoa Life communities in West Africa by 202511
DE&I: Double U.S. Black representation in management percentage by 2024 (2020 base of 3.2%)12
DE&I: Double representation of women in executive leadership (defined as MLT+1) roles by 2024 (2018 base of 18%)13
DE&I: Spend $1 billion with minority and women owned businesses by 202414
Workplace Safety: Severity and Total Accident Rate (TAR): Continued focus to reduce severity 1 safety incidents to zero
1. This goal is new and combines and replaces historical goals relating to Portion Control Snacks and snacks with Snack Mindfully portion icon on pack. This goal measures the percentage of net revenue that comes from products that are either individually wrapped mindful portion serving sizes (<200 calories) or have a mindful portion label/information on pack. This information includes biscuits and baked snacks, chocolate, and candy, and does not include Halls products, semi-final products not sold to consumers, bulk products for wholesale, beverages, meals, gums, seasonal or festive products, licensing/royalty revenue, private label products and products with small printable areas.
2. Goal and reported information for cocoa volume sourced is based on a mass balance approach, which means that the equivalent volume of cocoa needed for the products sold under our chocolate brands is sourced from the Cocoa Life program.
3. Excludes palm oil procured by third-party external manufacturers & co-packers for use in manufacturing Mondelēz International finished goods.
4. Goal and reported information excludes Russia and Ukraine (Russia to be determined and Ukraine by 2027). Excludes eggs procured by third-party external manufacturers & co-packers for use in manufacturing Mondelēz International finished goods. The term "egg(s)" means egg(s) produced by hens (female chickens).
5. Excludes materials procured by third-party external manufacturers & co-packers for use in manufacturing Mondelēz International finished goods.
6. In the reporting year 2022, we have recalculated our base year, 2021 and 2022 inventory following the GHG Protocol Corporate Standards. For more details, please see the Carbon Accounting Manual. In 2021, Mondelēz International announced its goal to reach net zero emissions by 2050 as part of the Business Ambition for 1.5°C campaign. In 2023, we plan on submitting our new emission reduction targets to the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) for independent validation. As part of the recent re-baseline event as well as new SBTi guidelines we are in the process of updating our goal boundaries.
7. Priority sites are defined as sites that are located in a high or extremely high water risk zone defined as of 2021. This metric is measured in accordance with our internal Water Supply Management Health Safety and Environment System for priority sites.
8. Reported information covers the period from November 1, 2021 through October 31, 2022.
9. Excludes closed manufacturing sites.
10. Prioritized supplier sites are defined as Tier-1 Direct material supplier sites, and excludes suppliers that are not registered on Sedex, have not yet received a risk score or received a risk score other than High Risk, or have not yet made audit results available to Mondelēz International.
11. Reported information for the period from January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022 includes a community as covered by CLMRS if the work of identifying children, if any, in or at risk of child labor has been completed by the end of the year, even if any appropriate remediation and post-remediation follow-up occurs in the following year. CLMRS data is provided by third parties. Includes Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire and Nigeria.
12. Management is defined as Director and above. Reported information against our Black management representation goal in the U.S. includes acquisitions/ventures in the U.S., which were announced in 2021 or earlier, and is based on self-identification by employees for diversity and inclusion metrics. The Company's representation goals are aspirational in nature; Mondelez International will continue to hire and promote the best qualified candidates through employment practices that are consistent with applicable laws.
13. Reported information includes acquisitions/ventures globally, which were announced in 2021 or earlier, and is based on self-identification by employees for diversity and inclusion metrics. The Company's representation goals are aspirational in nature; Mondelēz International will continue to hire and promote the best qualified candidates through employment practices that are consistent with applicable laws.
14. Reported information for the period from January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022 includes actual spend rather than spend attributed to invoices (as in prior years), and includes the following acquisitions: Chipita, Enjoy Life Foods, Give & Go, Perfect Foods, Tate's, and EPTA America-7 Days (which were not included in prior years). The term "minority" in this year's reporting includes individuals with disabilities, LGBTQ+, and veteran-owned businesses (which were not included in prior years).
• Any numbers expressed in percentages are approximate.