We are using cookies in order to facilitate your navigation. By continuing to navigate on this website or clicking on the close button you accept our policy regarding the usage of cookies.Yes, I accept Learn more
2021 Global Consumer Snacking Trends Study
Mondelēz International's annual State of Snacking™ report is a global snack trends study examining examining the role of snacking in the lives of global consumers. The 2021 report reveals proprietary findings around the expanded role snacking plays in consumers lives, snacking as a source of well-being, and shifting purchasing trends.
The State of Snacking report, developed in partnership with consumer polling specialist The Harris Poll, complements Mondelēz International’s global snacking insights with new research conducted among thousands of consumers across twelve countries to inform the company’s ongoing strategy to become the global leader in snacking by offering the the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
of global consumers stated that their definition of a snack has evolved over the last 3 years
of consumers reported replacing at least one meal with a snack – even higher among Gen Z (75%) and millennials (69%)
eat at least one snack for sustenance and one snack for indulgence each day
rising motivator for snack choices is "serving nutritional needs"
82% Gen Z
enjoy food content on social media, as do 62% of global consumers overall
expect to be able to buy the snacks they want whenever they want
environmental impact on consumers’ food choices is availability of low waste packaging
either buy or would like to buy snacks from companies that are working to offset their environmental impact
As the world continues to evolve and adapt to changing dynamics as a result of the pandemic, staying close to our global consumers remains a top priority. The third annual State of Snacking report highlights the expanding role snacking plays in the lives of consumers, including:
- As consumers’ lives changed over the past few years, their definition of what a snack can be has evolved and snacking has begun to take on new meaning
- Consumers are seeking snacks as well-being boosters throughout their daily lives
- Snacking is both a source of nutrition and indulgence, of social connection, inspiration, and purpose
- Consumers are craving seamless integration of purchase options and inspiration in their everyday lives
- Acceleration of snacking with purpose amidst a broader global consciousness