The safety of the great makers and bakers who make up the Mondelēz International team is one of our top priorities. Our goal is simple - to achieve world-class safety performance.
To build a safety culture that promotes our goal of zero incidents eliminates risks across four key areas.
- Occupational Health - safeguarding our employees against long-term health issues related to the workplace
- Personal Safety - providing safe working tools and standards that promote the safety of every individual
- Process Safety - improving the design, implementation, management and control of any identified hazardous process within our operations
- Vehicle Safety - improving driver safety and vehicle-related activities in all our functions and operations
We consistently reinforce our safety policy, which outlines our beliefs and commitments:
- All accidents and injuries are unacceptable, and we strive to eliminate all incidents.
- Safety and health improvement is an individual and team responsibility.
- Each team member must be dedicated to conducting all activities with the highest concern for employee safety and health.
- Each team member should participate in a local safety program and actively seek to achieve an accident/injury free work environment.
We're committed to:
- Meeting or exceeding all applicable safety and health regulations.
- Continuously improving the safety of our work environment by investing in our people and our facilities.
- Creating and maintaining a world-class safety culture to achieve an accident-free work environment.
And with our Work Play Live Safe program, colleagues across the globe are firmly committed to safe practices, safe environments and safe ways of working. Our safety principles guide our everyday actions:
1. Nothing we do is worth getting hurt.
2. All injuries and occupational illnesses can and must be prevented.
3. Working safely is a condition of employment.
The programs we put in place at our plants meet the Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS) 18001 Series, one of the only internationally recognized safety management systems. And, we are proud to see improvements in our safety performance every year.
The programs we put in place at our plants meet the Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS) 18001 Series, one of the only internationally recognized safety management systems. And we are proud to see improvements in our safety performance every year. View our Code of Conduct and our latest Human Rights Due Diligence Report in for more information around our approach to human rights.
We encourage and support our colleagues to live healthier lifestyles to increase engagement and productivity. In our facilities across the globe, we offer various health and well being tools and resources to expand our workplace wellness efforts each year. Though some resources and tools differ based on regional and cultural needs, they generally offer similar elements focused on nutrition, physical and mental well being.
Here are just a few ways we're helping our teams feel better, physically and mentally:
- Lifestyle improvement programs - stress management, weight management, ways to stop smoking, etc.
- On-site fitness and/or sports facilities - incentives for gym membership reimbursement, employee sports competitions, etc.
- Health screenings and exams - regular screenings, vaccinations, flu shots, etc.
- Healthier options and nutrition information in our cafeterias and canteens
- General health tips - newsletters and internal sites with health tips and work-life/flex time programs