We are using cookies in order to facilitate your navigation. By continuing to navigate on this website or clicking on the close button you accept our policy regarding the usage of cookies.Yes, I accept Learn more
Analytics & Data Science
R-82098 | Mechelen, Belgium | 1 other location(s) availableApply Now
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
You will provide technical contributions to the data science process. In this role, you are the internally recognized expert in data, building infrastructure and data pipelines/retrieval mechanisms to support our data needs
How you will contribute
- Operationalize and automate activities for efficiency and timely production of data visuals
- Assist in providing accessibility, retrievability, security and protection of data in an ethical manner
- Search for ways to get new data sources and assess their accuracy
- Build and maintain the transports/data pipelines and retrieve applicable data sets for specific use cases
- Understand data and metadata to support consistency of information retrieval, combination, analysis, pattern recognition and interpretation
- Validate information from multiple sources.
- Assess issues that might prevent the organization from making maximum use of its information assets
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Project management and organizational skills
- Precise attention to detail
- Think creatively when confronted with a new situation
- Team spirit & good communication skills
More about this role
We are looking for a savy Data Engineer to join our growing Business Insights team. You will be excited by the prospect of preparing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives. We will step up in BI and also start exploring machine learning. You have strong analytical skills and the ability to combine data from different sources as well as familiarity with several programming languages. Overall, you’ll strive for efficiency & speed to insights by aligning data systems with business goals. You really like to work in a team and have great communication skills.
If you are detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills and experience in the data engineering field, we’d like to hear from you.
Job specific requirements:
MS/PhD degree in Computer Science, Math or a technically oriented field.
- Profound Experience with SQL (MS Server) & T-SQL is a must.
- MS Office: Power Query M, VBA & DAX
- Python, Java, .NET or any experience with Object-Oriented programming or object function scripting is nice to have
- Hands-on experience with SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) (MCSA preferred)
- OracleDB or other RDBMS experience is nice to have
- General understanding of relational and non-relational database design, schemas, OLAP, etc...
- Practical experience with data warehouse, data vault, data lake, data marts & cubes
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) with Visual Studio
- General understanding of data transformation or experience with other tools like Xplenty, Talend, Stitch
- Experience with BigQuery (Google Cloud) or AWS (Amazon Web Services).
- Data engineering certification (e.g IBM or GCP Certified Data Engineer) is a plus
- Experience in using Power BI & Tableau and creating reports/analyzing data using it is a plus.
- Close Business partnering with BNL stakeholders
- to understand Mondelez objectives & requirements
- to co-create a LT-sustainable data platform architecture
- to foster data driven decision making across the organization.
- to secure understanding & adoption of our data-products
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition in line with business needs
- Analyze and organize raw data from different sources
- Build, validate, maintain & optimize data and machine learning pipelines
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability & data integration.
- Identify, design, and implement internal processes & process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Develop algorithms & analytical tools to transform data into useful, actionable insights
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and Business Analysts on several projects
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and GCP ‘big data’ technologies.
- Create documentation and data dictionaries to share knowledge & to support end-users of data systems
The responsibilities of this position are performed within the framework of a regional business model that is defined and managed by Mondelēz Europe GmbH, Switzerland .No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
At Mondelez Europe, we are proud, not only of the iconic brands we make, but also of the people who make them. Our delicious products are created in 52 plants across Europe by more than 28,000 passionate people. We are the top maker of chocolate and biscuits and a leading maker of gum and candy. We make sure our powerful global brands and local jewels like Cadbury, Milka and Alpen Gold chocolates, Oreo, belVita, LU and Tuc biscuits, and Stimorol and Dirol gums get safely into our customers hands—and mouths. Great people and great brands. That’s who we are. Join us on our journey to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job TypeRegularData ScienceAnalytics & Data Science
Analytics & Data Science