We are using cookies in order to facilitate your navigation. By continuing to navigate on this website or clicking on the close button you accept our policy regarding the usage of cookies.Yes, I accept Learn more
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It Possible.
You will help manage and maintain the facilities of a site/office (excluding manufacturing and IT-related areas) to ensure a conducive and comfortable work environment in accordance to health, safety, environment and security policy, guidelines and requirements.
How you will contribute
- Coordinate and monitor the daily cleaning, maintenance and repairs for the site infrastructure (cafeteria, pantry, office area, internal mailing etc.), ensuring all vendor service levels are met and escalating and following up on any unresolved issues
- Lead all aspects of facilities management including technical installations of energy, maintenance, development and optimal availability and safety of on-premise activities in compliance with all relevant legal requirements
- Support the facilities requirements of all factory/office-related projects and investments related to the property and to some extent production
- Ensure that the company's electrical safety policy is complied with and that power-intensive electricity works are carried out under current rules
- Adhere to the budget and annual plan for the maintenance of the site/office and ensure timely vendor payments
- Establish and follow-up on comprehensive and detailed environmental objectives for the plant and disseminate information about these including energy consumption, water consumption and different emissions
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Previous experience in facilities management
- In-depth knowledge of the utilities necessary for the smooth functioning of the site/office (air conditioning, electrical wiring, piping, electric power distribution, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of current regulations in the fields of utilities and building management
- Responsiveness, anticipates issues ahead, highly organized personality
- Compliance with deadlines and costs
- Budgeting and budget monitoring
- Excellent use of IT (CMMS Coswin, SAP) and administrative tools
More about this role
What you need to know about this position:
This role is the key coordinator of all site related activities. The successful incumbent will act as the right hand to the plant director and plant leadership team.
1. Managing and screening requests in order to prioritize urgent and often sensitive matters, and taking decisive action to facilitate the optimal use of time resources.
2. Manage and support Plant Leadership Team with local and international business travels
3. Managing, organizing and prioritizing meetings and providing support to facilitate the smooth operation of the Plant Leadership Team.
4. Manage, prepare and approve high level complex internal and external communication pertaining to the Plant organization.
5. Manage and create sound relationships with internal and external suppliers for cost effectiveness and delivery on time to the PE Site
6. Manage and coordinate all directors and other visitors to site
7. Contribute to benchmarking and reapplication of administrative practices, systems and procedures to ensure continuous improvement
8. Manage key site contractors and ensure adherence to expected service delivery standards.
9. Facilities Management
- Manage and maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and procurement of office supplies for the Plant
- Manage the operational excellence : Soft Services (Laundry, PPE, EPC and Chocolate Shop) , ensuring minimal complaints
- Managing Facility Service provider to resolve any issues relating to the procedures or SLA
- Manage the clearly defined replacement and inventory strategy of PPE
- Manage the facilities project management in supporting all events on site
- Responsible for the development and co-ordination of a space optimization plan
10. Events Management
- Lead Engagement Team and enable engagement initiatives for the site
- Proactively manage the events budget and events calendar for the Site
- Manage suppliers responsible for event coordination activities
- Managing the off-site social responsibility events for the PE site
- Manage the coordination of events such as conferences, charity events, business meetings, team building and rewards and recognition
- Drive the Communication strategy for the Site
- Responsible for approving ALL communication assets deployed for the site
- Editor of the Quarterly Plant Newsletter and all event notices / posters for the PE Site
- Manage and coordinate site information via quarterly Town Halls, canteen screens, reception and site notice boards
- Manages all requests for donations and sponsorships for the plant
- Liaise with the Corporate Affairs team to ensure all site related communication is implemented and distributed
- Manage and coordinates updates of all office administration templates
- Manage and coordinate suppliers for corporate branding and signage on site
- Master Shopper for creation of requisitions and receipting of orders
- Manage and coordinate with suppliers from creation to delivery of service or product
- Responsible for managing all local and international courier services for manufacturing
Education / Certifications:
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that the ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum Grade 12/Matric with Office Management qualification or equivalent NQF Qualification
- Computer literate – Microsoft packages - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- At least 10 years experience in a similar administrative role
- 5 Years experience in Office Management
- 5 Years Facilities Management – soft services canteen, laundry and factory shop
- Event Management Experience
- Attention to detail
- Problem Solving
- Stakeholder management
- Organizational agility
- Business Acumen
- Drive for Results
- Integrity and Trust
As and When required
The successful incumbent must be willing to work according to a flexible work schedule.No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
Mondelez International’s Sub Sahara Africa BU is seen as the growth engine for the business. Currently, we operate out of two major hubs – South Africa, servicing south, central and east Africa; and Nigeria, looking after West Africa. Our product offering is as diverse and exciting as our over 2000 passionate people. We are category leaders in South Africa with our Cadbury chocolates; and our Bournvita product is a firm family favourite in Nigeria. We also delight our consumers with our candy offerings of Halls and Tom Toms; our Stimorol and Clorets gum and global favourite Oreo.
In all that we do, we will do business the right way – with our products, the environment and our communities.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job TypeRegularAdministration SupportAdministration Services