We are using cookies in order to facilitate your navigation. By continuing to navigate on this website or clicking on the close button you accept our policy regarding the usage of cookies.Yes, I accept Learn more
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
You will provide technical contributions to the data science process. In this role, you are the internally recognized expert in data, building infrastructure and data pipelines/retrieval mechanisms to support our data needs
How you will contribute
- Operationalize and automate activities for efficiency and timely production of data visuals
- Assist in providing accessibility, retrievability, security and protection of data in an ethical manner
- Search for ways to get new data sources and assess their accuracy
- Build and maintain the transports/data pipelines and retrieve applicable data sets for specific use cases
- Understand data and metadata to support consistency of information retrieval, combination, analysis, pattern recognition and interpretation
- Validate information from multiple sources.
- Assess issues that might prevent the organization from making maximum use of its information assets
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Extensive experience in data engineering in a large, complex business with multiple systems such as SAP, internal and external data, etc. and experience setting up, testing and maintaining new systems
- Experience of a wide variety of languages and tools (e.g. script languages) to retrieve, merge and combine data
- Ability to simplify complex problems and communicate to a broad audience
More about this role
What you need to know about this position:
Looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join team of Modeling / Architect experts.
The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
What extra ingredients you will bring:
- The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
- The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
- They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
- The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives
- Self-reflective, has a hunger to improve, has a keen interest to drive their own learning. Applies theoretical knowledge to practice
- Ability to work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues
- Ability to think creatively, plan and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
Education / Certifications:
- Science or Engineering Degree with master’s in computer science (desirable)
- A master’s in computer science, Computer, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform (Big Query, GCS, Cloud Function, Composer etc.) or Microsoft Azure (ADF, Azure Data Lake Gen2, Databricks, SQL Server etc.)
- GCP Professional Data Engineer certification / Azure Data Engineering Certification (desirable)
- Having Experience of business domains like FMCG/ CPG /Retail /Supply Chain will be added advantage.
Job specific requirements:
8+ years of overall industry experience and minimum of 4-6 years of experience in building and deploying large scale data processing pipelines in a production environment.
- Data engineering Concepts: Experience in working with data lake, data warehouse, data mart and Implemented ETL/ELT and SCD concepts.
- Analytics: Fluent with SQL, PL/SQL and have used any of the analytics tools like Big Query, Azure Synapse etc. for data analytics
- Data sources: Experience of working with structure data sources like SAP, BW, Flat Files, RDBMS etc. and semi structured data sources like PDF, JSON, XML etc.
- Programming: Understanding of OOPs concepts and hands-on experience with Python for programming and scripting.
- Data Processing: Experience in working with any of the Data Processing Platforms like Dataflow, Databricks, HDFS (Spark, Scala / PySpark), hive, Impala etc.
- Orchestration: Experience in orchestrating/scheduling data pipelines using any of the tools like Airflow, Alteryx, Azure Data Factory
Nice to have
- Visualization: Exposure of reporting tools like Tableau, Looker and PowerBI.
- API: Experience in implementing solutions involving REST APIs, Graph QL etc.
- DevOps: Worked with framework involving CI-CD pipelines, like Jenkins and Git setup. Should have understanding about Identity and Access Management (IAM) from cloud standpoint.
- Data Quality: Exposure of all the phases of testing, data validation and data reconciliation.
- Have Built analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
Business Unit Summary
Mondelez India Foods Private Limited (formerly Cadbury India Ltd.) has been in India for over 70 years, making sure our mouth-watering and well-loved local and global brands such as Cadbury chocolates, Bournvita and Tang powdered beverages, Oreo and Cadbury Bournvita biscuits, and Halls and Cadbury Choclairs Gold candies get safely into our customers hands—and mouths. Headquartered in Mumbai, the company has more than 3,300 employees proudly working across sales offices in New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai and in manufacturing facilities at Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh, at our global Research & Development Technical Centre and Global Business Hub in Maharashtra and in a vast distribution network across the country. We are also proud to be recognised by Avatar as the Best Companies for Women in India in 2019 – the fourth time we’ve received this award.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job TypeRegularData ScienceAnalytics & Data Science
Analytics & Data Science