We are using cookies in order to facilitate your navigation. By continuing to navigate on this website or clicking on the close button you accept our policy regarding the usage of cookies.Yes, I accept Learn more
Procurement Specialist – Direct Material & External Manufacturing
R-78799 | Johannesburg, South Africa | 1 other location(s) availableApply Now
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It Matter.
In this role, you are the single point of contact for local leaders in a specific geographic or plant location. You manage the interactions between business stakeholders and sourcing teams and collaborate across the manufacturing, supply chain and the commercial business. You also manage the local implementation of regional and/or global projects.
How you will contribute
You will execute the daily procurement agenda by acting as the single point of contact for the procurement function at a site, in a country or country cluster, and will oversee the daily interaction with plants, supply chain, commercial teams, quality assurance, sourcing teams and suppliers. You will also deliver service-level targets by ensuring material availability, escalating when needed, and support business continuity planning implementation, activating when needed, support the execution of sourcing projects and execute sourcing/spot-buying or contracting activities as agreed with the accountable spend areas, and own the source-to-pay process compliance key indicators and take corrective action when necessary.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career with experience and knowledge in:
- Communication and interpersonal skills that help you be proactive and manage stakeholders
- Problem solving to ensure timely resolution of challenges
- Customer service orientation
- Working well under pressure, managing multiple priorities, dealing with ambiguity, and the willingness and ability to learn
More about this role:
Knowledge, Education, Qualifications and Certifications required:
- Self starter and leader of self able to work independently
- Problem solving skills, Project Management skills
- Good Communication/Stakeholder Skills
- 5 years procurement experience, of which 3-4 years is in Direct Materials. broad background across different business functions FMCG is a plus
- External manufacturing experience
- Fluent spoken / written English
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Economics, Engineering or similar (CIPS is a plus)
Job specific requirements:
Day to Day Operational or Project Management responsibilities:
Business Delivery & Continuity - Act as the single point of contact (SPOC) for the Procurement function at plant level. Be the face of procurement team and provide procurement input or support in plant.
Problem solve to ensure raw/pack materials are supplied into factories at the right price, time, quantity and quality.
Diffuse and ensure the respect of the Procurement procedures and Policies.
Guarantee efficient use of the purchasing systems by all users providing them assistance when necessary.
Build up solid information sharing and collaboration routines with local Supply Managers to facilitate effective cross-functional interactions for direct/indirect SC materials.
Supply issue resolution:
identify the root cause of supply issues and align with respective stakeholders on the solution.
Assist to fast track the options and liase with stakeholders to get approvals needed
Support NPD/Productivity projects to ensure that RM/PM are on track for launching
support in trials and project execution
Liase with SAT to ensure material purchase information is available as at when required
Represent procurement in Project meetings
Supplier performance Monitoring and Site level execution agreements –
Support in supplier performance monitoring and SLEA.
Support monthly OTIF
Support QN review process with supplier, supplier quality and plant team ensuring RFT ( right first time metics) are met
Act as escalation point for local business users or Master Shoppers related issues in the plant and drive resolution in line with regional and global Procurement policies.
Verify purchase request quality if contacted by Regional Procurement Centre (RPC), align with end users or Master Shoppers on missing specifications, check e-sourcing feasibility and provide info or contact the Regional Procurement Centre (RPC) to assign Spot Buyers to work on purchase request execution.
Coordinate local contract implementation tasks with Spend Area teams.
o Coordinate and participate in the execution of the contract implementation plan:
o Prepare and execute training for the end users.
o Promote the use of global or regional contracts.
o Lead the phase out of the old contracts and procedures.
• Know the ethical and legal compliance responsibilities of the position.
• Raise questions and concerns when faced with an ethical or compliance issue.
• Apply integrity in all aspects of professional conduct.
Strategic/Spot Buy, CMAAS Support responsibilities:
• Upon request by the Procurement center or Spend Area Manager during the sourcing process provide input on local spend situation and Spend Area practices.
• Gather local internal customers’ requirements.
• Provide insights on local supplier market.
• Identify with stakeholders any local legal requirements that necessitate an adaptation of the contract.
• Support local supplier qualification assessment.
• Support the development of the contract implementation plan.
• Support initial and on-going spot buy reduction initiatives locally.
• Provide support and necessary local contacts during initial spot buy reduction exercise.
30-40%No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
Mondelez International’s Sub Sahara Africa BU is seen as the growth engine for the business. Currently, we operate out of two major hubs – South Africa, servicing south, central and east Africa; and Nigeria, looking after West Africa. Our product offering is as diverse and exciting as our over 2000 passionate people. We are category leaders in South Africa with our Cadbury chocolates; and our Bournvita product is a firm family favourite in Nigeria. We also delight our consumers with our candy offerings of Halls and Tom Toms; our Stimorol and Clorets gum and global favourite Oreo.
In all that we do, we will do business the right way – with our products, the environment and our communities.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job TypeRegularProcurement OperationsProcurement
Procurement Specialist – Direct Material & External Manufacturing