We are using cookies in order to facilitate your navigation. By continuing to navigate on this website or clicking on the close button you accept our policy regarding the usage of cookies.Yes, I accept Learn more
Asset Reliability & Technology Leader
R-78590 | Port Elizabeth, South AfricaApply Now
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
Your goal will be to ensure that the site manufacturing & support activities, without interruption, without any facilities shortages and/or any issues thereof. You will achieve 100% compliance to Local legal regulations, Quality, Health Safety & Environment management systems and standards. You are responsible for the management and maintenance of site facilities, buildings and equipment(s) (hardware & software).
How you will contribute
- Works cross functionally to develop and implement a strategic Facilities road-map and annual operating plan which is a competitive advantage to Mondelēz. Partner with internal & external stakeholders and service providers to define and meet Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Sustainability, Engagement goals. Establish a strong governance to review & control Operational performance and continuous Improvement plan to deliver against best in class both internally and externally.
- Lead and be accountable that Building Maintenance program, Facilities maintenance program capabilities, including maintenance repairs & overall operations are in place. Accountable to insure adherence to business continuity plan, manufacturing standards government regulations are understood by all employees/services providers at the site, regularly reviewed and monitored for effective implementation.
- Provide leadership, coaching to Facilities team towards implementation of IL6S-Integrated Lean 6 sigma ways of working: delivering zero breakdowns via preventive/predictive maintenance strategies and technical mastery of maintenance and operation teams; PM (Progressive Maintenance) Pillar, and CBM (condition based monitoring), Visual controls & tools Mgmt., Lubrication mgmt. & Calibration of equipment(s) etc.
- Role model Values and principles through effective coaching, mentoring and builds skills capability across the Plant technical/engineering team to engage with latest modern practices. Have a clear people succession and resource plan, for the asset & technology population , identifying and implementing critical levers to attract, retain and develop critical talent
- Interface with key stakeholders internally and externally to develop and maintain effective relationships, align priorities in order to deliver the company objectives, and goals.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Strong operational & manufacturing leadership experience in CPG industry with experience in TPM-Total productive maintenance, 5s, LEAN, 6 sigma tools and concepts, Safety & GMP standards
- An Engineer with a strong financial & business acumen, project management skills and Knowledge of industrial maintenance and manufacturing equipment, PM (Progressive Maintenance) expertise, Spare parts management, SAP PM module end user knowledge, Technology & Engineering automation basics.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written), coaching, and leadership skills in a team-based environment. Demonstrated abilities in Analytics, problem solving and team building
More about this role
What you need to know about this position:
- Develop site asset maintenance plans aligned to business plan.
- Manage performance and development of team to ensure adequate manpower requirements against maintenance plan. Maintain and promote discipline, motivate, lead and control team.
- Manage budget and implement cost control measures by monitoring expenditure and forecast planned expenditure and manage exceptions. Deliver timeous justified capex request generation and achieve R & M targets
- Keep abreast of new technology and advise and support manufacturing and engineering to deliver on planned maintenance programme
- Drive continuous improvement projects to initiating improvements to maintenance systems and cost reductions
- Maintain integrity of engineering stores spares and optimal levels of spares. Maintain integrity of communications network and information hardware
- Drive information systems and provide comprehensive cover of plant. SAP R3 compliant. Initiate and develop systems and database, monitor and record progress and compliance.
- Facilitate central communication function, provide site wide support and effectively manage performance of service providers
- Manage engineering procurement and ensure inventory adheres to international standards. Manage engineering inventory to economic levels.
Education / Certifications:
- 5 years plus experience in FMCG environment managing maintenance
- Mechanical or Electrical Degree
- Studying towards the attainment of a GCC.
40 hoursNo Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
Headquartered in Singapore, Mondelēz International’s Asia, Middle East and Africa (AMEA) region is comprised of six business units, has more than 21,000 employees and operates in more than 27 countries including Australia, China, Indonesia, Ghana, India, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Thailand, United Arab Emirates and Vietnam. Seventy-six nationalities work across a network of more than 35 manufacturing plants, three global research and development technical centers and in offices stretching from Auckland, New Zealand to Casablanca, Morocco. Mondelēz International in the AMEA region is the proud maker of global and local iconic brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Kinh Do mooncakes, Cadbury, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate, Halls candy, Stride gum, Tang powdered beverage and Philadelphia cheese. We are also proud to be named a Top Employer in many of our markets.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job TypeRegularManufacturing supportManufacturing
Asset Reliability & Technology Leader