We are using cookies in order to facilitate your navigation. By continuing to navigate on this website or clicking on the close button you accept our policy regarding the usage of cookies.Yes, I accept Learn more
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
Working with cross-functional and regional teams, you implement a portfolio strategy that is aligned with the brand vision to drive sustainable growth. You support profit and loss management and future business development plans and objectives including new product development and platform opportunities.
How you will contribute
Working with other internal stakeholders, you will support the brand portfolio strategy and priorities to enable consumer-centric brand portfolio growth. You will develop annual plans, setting objectives and allocating resources. In addition, you will offer recommendations for integrated commercial plans, develop and execute marketing plans that deliver on revenue and profit forecasts, and share objectives. Based on your deep consumer insights and brand positioning, you will develop and implement integrated marketing communications and 360 degree campaigns.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Consumer behavior, preferably in the consumer goods sector in matrix environment
- Developing a seamless consumer experience
- Managing business objectives beyond brand and budget
- Analytics and creativity—a balance of commercial and strategic acumen
- Leading and influencing teams
- Communicating effectively, verbally and in writing, and executive presentation skills
- Markets with diverse economic environments a distinct advantage
More about this role
What you need to know about this position:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on Canada's favourite chocolate brands! As a part of this role, you will have chance to work on a broad scope of projects to build your marketing skills including:
- Brand Equity and Strategy. Develop and execute marketing and brand strategies with support from Director. Present and share plans with the sales team to ensure commercial alignment and execution.
- Analysis and Insights into Action. Proactively monitor brand performance along with key competitors across the market. Take key insights to provide recommendations on maximizing growth opportunities.
- Innovation and Renovation. Proactively manage projects that improve the business both short and long term such as research, new launches, reformulations, packaging changes, format adjustments, and re-launches alongside cross functional teams.
- Communications, Media and In-store Promotions. Build the brand in Canada through execution of marketing activations such as developing communications assets, influencing media support.
- Cross-functional Leadership. Cultivate strong working relationships with both internal (sales, R&D, operations etc.) and external (agency, packaging designs/suppliers, etc.) partners.
- Budget Ownership. Identify and manage the brand’s budget spend to effectively execute plans; Own the overall budget and consult and/or inform equity/innovation partners where necessary.
What extra ingredients you will bring:
- Passion for building collaborative team environment and positive, inspiring corporate culture.
- Strong, strategic drive for results, with a focus on relationship building and communication skills.
- Creativity and curiosity when dealing with business issues.
- Strong presentation and storytelling skills to inspire internal team members.
- Resourcefulness and an ability to deliver results autonomously.
- Analytical skills and a creative mindset—a balance of commercial and strategic acumen. AC Nielsen experience an asset.
- Project management from design to completion with a can-do attitude
Education / Certifications:
- University degree with focus on Business/Marketing is an asset, but not a requirement.
Job specific requirements:
- Minimum of 5-7 years' work experience in a marketing or strategy role, brand management or CPG experience is an asset.
- Ability to thrive in and handle ambiguity & fast paced environment.
- Ability to build and deliver against strict timelines.
- Ability to work with a cross functional team and inspire agency partners.
Business Unit Summary
We are the second-largest snacking company in Canada and in the top 10 food companies in North America. We make and distribute delicious household favorites including Cadbury, Oreo, Mr. Christie and Maynards. We are an ambitious business—in the past few years alone, we have invested $250 million in our Ontario-based factories. Our community of over 2,600 employees is based across Canada, with our head office on Bloor Street West in Toronto. Canada plays a strategic role for Mondelēz North America and globally. We are proud of our “local-first” commercial focus that enables us to take ownership of our own market and make more, faster decisions closer to our consumers. We are also proud of our top 100 position on Forbes magazine’s 2019 Canada’s Best Employers list.
If you are applying to a position in Canada, accommodations for applicants with disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process. For all internal and external applicants who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance/support.
Job TypeRegularBrand & Portfolio ManagementMarketing
Brand Manager Cadbury Chocolate