We are using cookies in order to facilitate your navigation. By continuing to navigate on this website or clicking on the close button you accept our policy regarding the usage of cookies.Yes, I accept Learn more
Internal Controls Supervisor
R-78407 | Bogota, Colombia | 1 other location(s) availableApply Now
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It Uniquely Yours.
You will partner with financial and operational management in a limited geographic or process area to understand and enhance internal control environments, risks, and mitigation activities to minimize the risk of financial losses, operational inefficiencies and statutory non-compliances caused by the lack of controls or effective governance. You will conduct deep-dive analyses on risk areas, provide training on controls, and support management in Control Self-Assessments(CSA) and SOX activities. In addition, you will manage the locally based Internal Control Managers.
How you will contribute
- Manage the Internal Controls team and processes for a country/process including partnering with management to optimize the internal control environment through design, training, monitoring (CCM) and testing (SOX, CSA)
- Contribute to a strong controls and compliance environment at Mondelēz International by providing expert assessment of our policy and controls effectiveness and organization compliance. You will also provide training on policy and controls
- Conduct advisory reviews on the identified risk areas. You will also support management in SOX testing/ driving the Control Self-Assessment (CSA)exercise. In addition, you will address ad hoc requests made by management as it relates to process, risks and controls
- Drive for harmonization, efficiencies and improvements to ways of working and build a mindset of continuous improvement within the Internal Controls team
- Build a high-performing team through coaching and developing auditors. You will also contribute to Mondelēz International’s Finance talent agenda in your area of scope
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in:
- TECHNICAL EXPERTISE in internal controls and audit practices including expertise in risk/control frameworks, enterprise risk management processes, financial policies and procedures, U.S. GAAP/IFRS and SOX requirements
- BUSINESS ACUMEN with an understanding of business practices within the country with knowledge in financial reporting, sourcing, supply chain, marketing, information systems, sales, shared service and customer service operations. Significant and relevant external/internal audit experience in a Big Four accounting firm and/or in a large global corporation. General understanding of enterprise resource planning applications
- LEADERSHIP SKILLS including proven business partnering and communication skills across a large global, public company; experience working as a finance leader managing a diverse, cross-functional and business partner teams to drive compliance environment
- GROWTH/DIGITAL MINDSET and the ability to identify strategic opportunities and leverage technology to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- INTEGRITY and sound judgement in all decisions and interactions aligned with our values and policies and external regulations
More about this role
What you need to know about this position:
Support local financial and operational managers to understand and enhance internal control environments, risks, and mitigation activities to minimize the risk of financial losses, operational inefficiencies, and statutory non-compliance caused by a lack of controls or effective governance. You will also conduct deep-dive analyses on risk areas, provide training on controls, and support management in control self-assessments.
Education / Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting / Finance
Job specific requirements:
- +4 years of experience in internal controls and audit practices including expertise in risk/control frameworks, financial policies and procedures, U.S. GAAP/IFRS, and SOX requirements
- General understanding of business practices along with relevant external/internal audit experience in a Big Four accounting firm and/or in a large global corporation.
- Digital mindset and the ability to leverage technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Fluent English level
Mon to Fri / Hybrid ModelNo Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
WACAM is Mondelez International’s Latin America presence with 1,700 wonderful people proudly representing a diversity of cultures and nationalities. WACAM includes 12 countries—Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile, Bolivia, Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador, and the Dominican Republic—and the U.S. territory of Puerto Rico. We make and distribute our global brands and local jewels such as Choco-Soda, Doña Pepa, Coronitas and Cua-Cua to over 190 million discerning consumers.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Mondelez International we work under a hybrid model, in which our offices at WACAM offer us a space for connection, collaboration and co-creation, with attendance being subject to the needs of the teams themselves and/or the business.
Where permitted by internal policies and local laws, new hires are required to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment by their date of hire, unless they are granted a medical accommodation.
Job TypeRegularInternal Audit & ControlFinance
Internal Controls Supervisor