We are using cookies in order to facilitate your navigation. By continuing to navigate on this website or clicking on the close button you accept our policy regarding the usage of cookies.Yes, I accept Learn more
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
Mondelez International operates a category led business model across the core categories of Chocolate, Biscuits, Chocolate drinks and Cream Cheese working with iconic brands such Marabou, TUC, Oreo, Oboy and Philadelphia.
The Head of Category Planning is a key role and a member of the Finnish Lead Team. This role is responsible for the development of all categories in Finland, while leading also a team of 6 persons, of which 2 are direct reports.
In a multi category organisation, this team is the interface between marketing, field salesforce, demand planners and key account managers. The Category Planning team provides the category context for selling and they influence and input into the Marketing plans. They develop, together with Marketing, a clear category strategy to be shared with customers and show our vision for each category and how Mondelez plans to develop them further. The Category Planning team needs to have a clear understanding at all times of what and where the opportunities are and needs to ensure that customer feedback is incorporated into the thinking on a regular basis.
The Category Planning team understands the business metrics and financial drivers needed to unlock profitable growth for Mondelēz International and our customers. This team also works with key account managers to develop and implement customer plans to deliver our annual target. Important is to ensure all channel, customer and shopper needs are considered in the annual plan development.
The Head of Category Planning reports into the Managing Director for Finland.
- Responsible for the development and execution of selling programs related to their assigned Category's innovation, distribution, merchandising, and promotional plans
- Key linkage between the Customer Business Teams (CBTs) and the Category Innovation, Marketing and Equity teams to ensure that our strategies and tactics are aligned to the needs of our Customers
- Responsible for building category and customer plans for the assigned Category, working collaboratively with Category teams, Insights, and Customer Business Teams (CBTs)
- Be seen as the Category expert internally and create compelling, actionable & measurable category plans
- Provide thought leadership internally & externally around brand & category initiatives (promotional strategy / budget planning)
- Leading delivery of category dashboard / fundamentals and recommending corrective actions to ensure targets are met
- Ongoing assessment of critical baseline volume opportunities / risks and lead initiatives to optimize category performance
What you will bring:
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Robust sales and marketing experience would be preferred.
- Experience from the FMCG industry is an advantage.
- Having a future-focused mindset, being curious about industry trends, digital solutions and innovation for consumers, and translating opportunities into business plans
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Developing and delivering plans, measuring and monitoring results, making sure to achieve growth targets
- Strategic mindset and a desire to influence the business and to drive growth
- Relevant leadership experience and with a passion for leading people and their development
- Fluency in English, written and spoken. Finnish would be an advantage.
More about this role
Please note that our office location has recently moved from Vantaa to Kalasatama, Helsinki.
Make it an opportunity to start your #SweetCareer today and apply to come and join a growing organisation!
The responsibilities of this position are performed within the framework of a regional business model that is defined and managed by Mondelēz Europe GmbH, Switzerland .No Relocation support available, however for candidates voluntarily moving internationally some minimal support is offered through our Volunteer International Transfer Policy
Business Unit Summary
At Mondelez Europe, we are proud, not only of the iconic brands we make, but also of the people who make them. Our delicious products are created in 52 plants across Europe by more than 28,000 passionate people. We are the top maker of chocolate and biscuits and a leading maker of gum and candy. We make sure our powerful global brands and local jewels like Cadbury, Milka and Alpen Gold chocolates, Oreo, belVita, LU and Tuc biscuits, and Stimorol and Dirol gums get safely into our customers hands—and mouths. Great people and great brands. That’s who we are. Join us on our journey to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job TypeRegularCategory Planning & ActivationSales
Head of Category Planning - Finland