We are using cookies in order to facilitate your navigation. By continuing to navigate on this website or clicking on the close button you accept our policy regarding the usage of cookies.Yes, I accept Learn more
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
You efficiently administer samples for scientific analysis by creating records, assigning analytical tests, allocating samples for analysis, maintaining chain-of-custody for controlled samples, inputting results and liaising with supervisor. This role requires you to apply your organizational skills to meet tight deadlines.
How you will contribute
You will be responsible for all scientific administrative tasks including lab administration, housekeeping activities and working in accordance with laboratory-set quality standards. Because you will liaise with internal stakeholders, you will always demonstrate high quality customer service, by ensuring that work is done on time, that the analytical data generated is reliability, and that the results are accurate and provided in a timely manner. You will also assist with routine checks/calibrations and control documentation to ensure that only the most current versions are supplied to analysts. This role will require you to work at the highest standards of safety and quality, maintaining a clean, tidy and safe working environment and completing assigned quality actions in a timely manner.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- A relevant scientific discipline
- Competency in the use of generic and specific software packages required for the role including MS Office applications
- Basic lab equipment, preferably with work experience in a scientific environment
- Attending to detail, following written instructions and working on multiple activities concurrently
- Accountability, honesty, hardworking, flexibility and adaptability, and working efficiently on a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Nature and Scope
- Responsible for performing the required chemical, physical and organoleptic analyses of raw materials, in-process goods and finished drug and confectionary products to ensure the materials meet corporate and government specifications. Performs the required analyses with minimum supervision. Reports any deviations and irregularities in analytical/laboratory procedures and results to supervisor.
Major/Essential Responsibilities (% of time for each wherever possible)
- Performs required organoleptic, physical and chemical analyses of raw materials, intermediates, and finished products according to established/compendial procedures with minimum supervision.
- Performs process control and process improvement testing to provide quick action and resolution of manufacturing problems to support the plant.
- Performs testing of Natural Health products.
- Provides the physical and/or chemical evaluation of complaint samples to support investigation of consumer and trade complaints.
- Reports any deviations and irregularities in analytical/laboratory procedures and results to the supervisor following full review of methodology and results.
- Provides input into the preparation of standard operating procedures for the Quality Services laboratory, as required.
- Performs daily calibration of lab equipment in accordance with established procedures.
- Troubleshoots instrumentation and method problems.
- Maintains compliance to all health and safety standards, Current Good Manufacturing Practices, Current Good Laboratory Practices and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for other duties, as required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Able to prioritize effectively and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Highly effective time management skills, with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and in conjunction with others.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Highly motivated and energetic
- Be customer service focused
- Demonstrates the 3 A’s, accountable, aggressive, adaptable.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, other Microsoft Office Programs and applicable laboratory software
- Knowledge of SOPs and GLPs
- Detail oriented with problem solving and instrument troubleshooting ability
- Strong knowledge and use of automated laboratory instrumentation such as, IR Spectrophotometer, Autotitrator, Karl Fisher Water Tester, pH Meter, Gas Chromatography, Melting Point Apparatus and Refractometer
- Work normally requires a low level of physical effort in bending, lifting, and manual dexterity.
- Work normally requires a high level of mental effort in reading, creating written documentation, meeting deadlines, problem solving, handling multiple demands and repetitive tasks, amid constant interruptions and distractions.
·Generally works in a lab/manufacturing plant environment with varying levels of noise and with the requirement to wear company mandated uniform/safety gear such as safety shoes, hair/beard net, lab coat, etc.
It is expected that the Colleague will:
Work together with all your key stakeholders: line and functional. A key part of the individual performance review will be based on input from these stakeholders and other obligations. Responsible for complying with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Food Safety Program (e.g. HACCP – Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points), and other Quality Standards (GLPs, Health Canada, FDA etc.) as appropriate to job function.
Education / Certifications: B.Sc
What extra ingredients you will bring: Minimum Two Years’ Experience Working in a Laboratory. Pharmaceutical and/or Manufacturing experience preferred. Sound knowledge of GMPs, GLPs and GDPs required. Good troubleshooting skills.
Education / Certifications: B.Sc
Job specific requirements: please see attached job description
Work schedule: rotating shifts – days (6:00am-2:30pm)/Afternoons (2:30pm-11:00pm)/Midnights (11:00pm-6:00am) non-negotiable. OT required.No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
We are the second-largest snacking company in Canada and in the top 10 food companies in North America. We make and distribute delicious household favorites including Cadbury, Oreo, Mr. Christie and Maynards. We are an ambitious business—in the past few years alone, we have invested $250 million in our Ontario-based factories. Our community of over 2,600 employees is based across Canada, with our head office on Bloor Street West in Toronto. Canada plays a strategic role for Mondelēz North America and globally. We are proud of our “local-first” commercial focus that enables us to take ownership of our own market and make more, faster decisions closer to our consumers. We are also proud of our top 100 position on Forbes magazine’s 2019 Canada’s Best Employers list.
If you are applying to a position in Canada, accommodations for applicants with disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process. For all internal and external applicants who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance/support.
Job TypeRegularSupply Chain Quality AssuranceProduct Quality, Safety and Compliance