We are using cookies in order to facilitate your navigation. By continuing to navigate on this website or clicking on the close button you accept our policy regarding the usage of cookies.Yes, I accept Learn more
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It Uniquely Yours.
You will perform detailed finance work, transactions and data structuring under the guidance of the Finance Manager. You will collect data, be responsible for maintaining information integrity, monitor reconciliations and conduct basic checks and controls.
How you will contribute
- Execute aspects of finance planning and performance management process and related financial decisions potentially including Annual Contract planning/forecasting, target development, financial performance reporting/analysis, financial modeling and decision support for a focused scope within a region, business unit, country, Supply Chain, Mondelēz International Business Services or Corporate Finance team. You will also execute data collection and data integrity checks
- Contribute to a strong controls and compliance environment in area of scope and ensure full compliance with our policies
- Execute ad hoc analyses and projects as requested by the Senior Finance Manager (or Director)
- Support projects to improve efficiencies and improvements to ways of working and embrace a mindset of continuous improvement
- Contribute to a high-performing Finance team. You will also invest in personal development and the development of your Finance peers
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in:
- TECHNICAL EXPERTISE in financial analysis and data collection/structuring
- BUSINESS ACUMEN and a basic understanding of our business, consumer packaged goods industry, and local snacking market. Relevant experience in a regional (or sizeable local) business
- LEADERSHIP SKILLS including collaboration and communication skills within a larger Finance team. Team player with can do mentality to deliver results
- GROWTH/DIGITAL MINDSET and the ability to execute opportunities and leverage technology to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- INTEGRITY and sound judgement in all decisions and interactions aligned with our values and policies and external regulations
The Commercial Finance Analyst will work under the guidance of the Finance Manager or Senior Analyst to maintain finance transactions, data, systems and reporting for the South Africa business. This will include financial performance reporting, analysis and maintenance of strong controls and compliance in your area of scope to ensure full adherence to our policies. You will also contribute to a high-performing Finance team, invest in personal development and the development of your Finance peers.
- Monitor, control and report on commercial spend vs Prior Year/Rolling Forecasts. Implement mechanisms and tools to facilitate this.
- Month end closing - volume & net sales.
- Daily monitoring of sales, sales rates, promo spend and reporting to various stakeholders.
- Monthly monitoring of product mix.
- Support the sales team by challenging the commercial strategy based on financial analysis.
- Provide financial analysis and decision support to the sales team and counsel them on financial matters that impact short term results and strategic decisions.
- Prepare in-depth and insightful analysis of business results, including the identification of opportunities and risks together with recommendations for actions to address these. Submit commentaries and analytics for monthly internal business reviews within BU and with Country/Area sales teams.
Financial Planning and Management
- Understand all micro-processes related to sales, within SAP and BI.
- Control of Gross sales, commercial spend and Net sales in G/L.
- Maintenance of customer and contractual terms.
- Manage and maintain the company financials to ensure that targets are achieved, and exceptions are highlighted.
- Monthly reporting of Vol and Net Sales by Brand, trend analysis and by brand by month rolling forecasts
- Working with the Commercial Finance Manager and Order to cash teams: Control Rebate and discretionary spend.
- Approval of Rebate and ad-hoc payments in conjunction with Commercial teams.
Qualification and Experience
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Working towards CIMA or CA preferable
- 3 – 5 Years in a similar role within FMCG or Manufacturing Environment
- Should ideally have worked for a multinational company
- Proficient Excel skills
- SAP experience advantageous
- Must be able to process large quantities of data in short spaces of time
- Strong business and interpersonal savvy.
- Process Management.
- Customer Focused and consumer-centric.
Safety, Security, Environment & Compliance
In addition to the key accountabilities, all employees of Mondelez International are responsible for supporting and actively participating in the sites Safety, Security and Environment Management systems and programs to drive a safe working culture that complies with regulatory and Mondelez International’s standards and delivers zero accidents.
Know the legal and compliance responsibilities of the position; lead ethically and model compliant behaviour; maintain an environment where employees are encouraged to speak up without fear of retaliation; ensure employees in area of responsibility understand the compliance responsibilities of their jobs and actively participate in the compliance program.No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
Mondelez International’s Sub Sahara Africa BU is seen as the growth engine for the business. Currently, we operate out of two major hubs – South Africa, servicing south, central and east Africa; and Nigeria, looking after West Africa. Our product offering is as diverse and exciting as our over 2000 passionate people. We are category leaders in South Africa with our Cadbury chocolates; and our Bournvita product is a firm family favourite in Nigeria. We also delight our consumers with our candy offerings of Halls and Tom Toms; our Stimorol and Clorets gum and global favourite Oreo.
In all that we do, we will do business the right way – with our products, the environment and our communities.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job TypeRegularFinance Planning & Performance ManagementFinance