Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We are stronger together because here at Mondelez International, everyone is welcome, everyone belongs, everyone is treated fairly so we are all equal regardless of who we are, what we look like, where we are from, what we believe or any preferences we may have. As a family, we all feel safe, supported and confident in who we are.
Our culture is one of allyship and we, together, advocate for ‘dancing like no one is watching’ – just being ourselves.
Colleagues, Culture & Community
Ensure the diversity of our colleagues at all levels represent the communities, customers and consumers we serve.
- We are committed to further reducing our gender pay gap through a number of initiatives that aim to promote and develop the strong pipeline of female talent in our business. View our latest Gender Gap report.
- Flexibility is different for everyone, and one size fits all approach will not work, so our offer is built to support different circumstances and team's needs.
- We recognize and appreciate our diverse workforce and therefore we are allowing a cumulative period of maximum 15 working days per calendar year for remote work outside of the country of employment - based on preliminary approval.
- You may choose to swap out one or more public holidays for ones more culturally relevant to you – e.g. Chinese New Year, Eid, Ramadan, etc. This allows you to celebrate religious holidays or important traditions that are relevant to your heritage and cultural background.
- We are working with the organization Stonewall who stands for stand for lesbian, gay, bi, trans, queer, questioning and ace (LGBTQ+) people everywhere. Over the last 30 years, they have helped create transformative change in the lives of LGBTQ+ people in the UK.
- In 2019, we implemented a contemporary parental leave program with globally consistent minimum standards - view the policy.
Cultivate an inclusive, bias-free and equitable workplace in which all colleagues can be themselves and achieve their full potential.
- Recognize, celebrate and advocate for inclusive cultures and communities
- Mobilize Brands and Marketing partners to drive change, equity and inclusion
- We provide training sessions to our people managers to allow them to be role modelling the right behaviours, advocate and challenge non inclusive behaviours
- Institute DE&I Performance Scorecards for all Business Units and Functions
- Mondelēz International Honoured As One Of The UK’s Best Places To Work In 2021
Drive economic inclusion for underrepresented communities and report our progress along the way
- Aston Villa Womens Mentorship. Cadbury will enhance the initiative by diversifying the current offering. As well as support those participating in the Women’s Leadership Programme through mentorship whilst providing lectures, course partnerships and access to resources for the squad who have not enrolled in a higher education qualification but are eager to develop their own unique dual-career pathways.
- Since 2019 over 100 Mondelez International volunteers have supported Age UK and their beneficiaries with time and expertise in a variety of ways. In 2021, colleagues donated over 240 hours of their time chatting to their beneficiary once a week, checking in on their general wellbeing and giving them something to look forward to.
- Cadbury foundation – It was set up in 1935 in recognition of company founders, George and Richard Cadbury and their investment in the welfare of their employees and wider communities. It supports local and national charities across Northern Europe to the focus areas of Wellbeing, Skills and Colleague Passions
- Health for Life is a community programme supporting nearly 150,000 people in Birmingham to lead healthier lifestyles over the last 8 years
Our Inclusion Groups