Award recognizes efforts in advancing food safety and quality
Monday, June 07, 2021
Mondelēz International has been selected as the 2021 recipient of the prestigious Black Pearl Award from the International Association for Food Protection (IAFP) and sponsored by F&H Food Equipment Company. The honor is given annually to one company for its efforts in advancing food safety and quality through consumer programs, employee relations, educational activities, adherence to standards, and support of the goals and objectives of IAFP.
At Mondelēz International, our mission is to lead the future of snacking by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. We call it Snacking Made Right, and making sure our consumers can enjoy safe, high quality snacks is at the heart of everything we do.
We are incredibly honored to receive the Black Pearl Award from the IAFP, said Frank Sabella, VP Research, Development Quality at Mondelēz International. Food safety and quality is at the core of all that we do at Mondelēz International and every single one of our colleagues plays an important role in helping us achieve those high standards as we create beloved brands consumers know and love.
Around the world, our operations have an unswerving commitment by every colleague to deliver safety and quality for our consumers. We're continuously improving our quality and safety procedures and recently shared our progress and goals in our annual Snacking Made Right Report, including:
- Manufacturer and Supplier Certification: In 2020, we continued to make strong progress against our goal of having all manufacturers and suppliers certified to one of the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) benchmarked food safety schemes, with a particular focus on our food contact packaging suppliers.
- Maintaining high standards: We set high standards with a comprehensive quality management system to promote the integrity of our snacks and the ingredients we use. Our science-based risk identification and management processes help us asses and control factors that could potentially compromise processes or products.
- Regular training and reviews: In 2020, 4,500 Mondelēz International colleagues and an additional 2,000 colleagues of our suppliers were trained on our standards. Auditors of our manufacturers and suppliers review training records to confirm all relevant training is carried out and records are kept.
- Leading Food Safety Scientists: Our food safety scientists are world experts who are on the Boards of leading global standard setting organizations such as the International Commission for the Microbiological Specifications for Food (ICMSF), Food Allergy Research and Resource Program (FARRP) and the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI).
- Championing Global Food Safety: We are proud to be part of GFSI as it continues to benchmark and raise food safety standards globally. As a co-chair of the GFSI Board, we promote GFSI standards across the food industry while implementing these at our Plants and expecting our suppliers to follow as well.
To learn more about our benchmarks and progress against our food safety and quality commitments, visit our Snacking Made Right Report.
Congratulations to the entire Mondelēz International family and ecosystem on this prestigious recognition!