Our priorities are clear in a volatile, COVID-19 environment
Tuesday, April 28, 2020
On April 28, 2020, we reported our first quarter 2020 results.
"We had a strong first quarter, with record market share gains, and executed very well in challenging circumstances, thanks to the dedication and commitment of our colleagues, especially those on the front line, who are working tirelessly to provide food to consumers around the world," said Dirk Van de Put, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "In the last month of the quarter, we saw a significant increase in consumer demand for our snacks in developed markets, particularly in North America, which more than offset a more challenging environment in several emerging markets."
- Net revenues increased 2.6% driven by Organic Net Revenue1 growth of 6.4% partially offset by unfavorable currency impacts
- Diluted EPS was $0.52, down 17.5% due to unrealized losses in mark to market impact from currency and commodities derivatives; Adjusted EPS1 was $0.69, up 10.8% on a constant currency basis
- Cash provided by operating activities was $284 million; Free Cash Flow1 was $70 million
- Return of capital to shareholders was $1.1 billion
- Long term fundamentals and strategy remain intact; full year 2020 outlook withdrawn due to uncertainty around the impact of COVID-19 on financial and operating results
For more information, see our press release here.
- Organic Net Revenue, Adjusted Gross Profit (and Adjusted Gross Profit margin), Adjusted Operating Income (and Adjusted Operating Income margin), Adjusted EPS, Free Cash Flow and presentation of amounts in constant currency are non GAAP financial measures. Please see discussion of non GAAP financial measures at the end of this press release for more information.
The Cadbury Foundation and FareShare partner to rescue surplus food and tackle hunger within local communities
The Cadbury Foundation is partnering with FareShare to support the launch of an innovative project involving community meal production and training kitchens in the Midlands and Yorkshire
Meet Agata Madaj – MEU R&D Biscuit Product Development
Work of a Product Developer is about designing and crafting new products, making it even better and making sure that consumers will get amazing sensory experience with every bite.