We are using cookies in order to facilitate your navigation. By continuing to navigate on this website or clicking on the close button you accept our policy regarding the usage of cookies.Yes, I accept Learn more
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
As expert you will bring a deep technical mastery of the process and equipment. That expertise allows you to lead the planning, process development and implementation of Planned Maintenance Elements in a Continuous Improvement manufacturing environment. You will manage this through teams consisting of various technical and non-technical personnel, key support contractors and operations personnel.
How you will contribute
- Partner & Enable the line leader(s) to deliver the SQCDSM targets-Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Sustainability & Morale for the lines, to ensure Process stability; Participates in the DMS- Daily Management systems meetings at the shift and line level
- Own the technology and process and centerline settings for the equipment and process and have deep technical mastery of the process and equipment; Owns the PM-Progressive maintenance systems and work processes and the PM-Progressive Maintenance Key Performance Indicators for the line/s along with Centerline Management systems; owns the R&M-Repairs & Maintenance budget of the line
- Develop, own and execute the line/s preventive and time-based maintenance systems and plans and build capability of the team to execute themselves; Build (spends at least 50% of time) technical and maintenance skills of the technicians working in the shifts, so that they are able to operate and maintain their equipment themselves; be part of the PM Pillar, own all PM systems and work process at the line level and lead some of them at the department level
- Partner with the Asset and Reliability team for system improvement and execution of special maintenance tasks; be responsible for Change Management on the line/s, localization of spares and proper break-down analysis and R&M cost reduction for the line/s; Represents the department/line/s as the site technology owner in the regional and global technology forums
- Assist in VSU for the new initiatives and enable the VSU team; Help the line leader in internal and external benchmarking and reapplication; be the subject matter expert on one of the component categories and be a trainer of PM related subjects for the plant
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Advanced knowledge (including AM-Autonomous Maintenance Step 4 systems & Progressive Maintenance Step 3) & skill to maintain the dedicated equipment(s)at basic conditions independently, including the execution of AM & PM (BD-Breakdown maintenance, planned maintenance) standards on dedicated equipment(s) and TPM - Phase 3 & 4 tools problem solving tools
- The capability to lead a Role for the Line. Qualify and coach the next level SWP owners and drive the common opportunity areas across the line in PDCA-Plan Do Check Adjust approach
- The capability to work as the Line Leader, developing and aligning goal/master plan for the line, deploying and managing IDP for the members, coaching team members on their performance management and career development
More about this role
What you need to know about this position:
Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
Maintenance Reliability Team Lead essential job functions and duties:
• Leads Reliability Centered Maintenance Process.
• Maintains the PM Process based on RCM to include condition based monitoring
• Daily communication with staff and crews for day-to-day requirements.
• Authorizes and schedules routine contract work.
• Train and provide development opportunities for the maintenance team.
• Manage and/or assist with equipment and capital project installation as required.
• Utilize reliability knowledge as it pertains to mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, process
control documentation, mechanical integrity methods, tools, equipment, repair alteration and
replacement of industrial process mechanical and instrumentation/electrical equipment.
• Track work requests and manage maintenance priorities.
• Ensure Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Critical PM compliance items are completed.
• Follow all LOTO procedures and recommends opportunities for improvement.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to execute responsibilities and prioritize in a multitask
• Identify process opportunities in a continuous improvement (CI) environment.
• Creates, documents and performs strong Preventive/Predictive maintenance tasks/procedures to
eliminate equipment downtime as assigned.
• Participates in proactive maintenance activities such as FMEA’s (Failure Mode Effects Analysis)
and RCCA (Root Cause Corrective Action)
• Documents all performed work in CMMS system in sufficient detail to capture strong historical
data for future analysis.
• Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Enforce GMP, Safety and audit standards.
• Work independently or in a team as needed.
• Other duties might be assigned.
Maintenance Reliability Team Lead
• 5+ years of professional level engineering or maintenance work experience
• Working knowledge of Failure mode and effects analysis, root cause analysis, statistics
and probability, complex technical problem solving
• Understanding of mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, and process control
• Strong quantitative acumen with the ability to perform data analysis including the ability to
perform trending and unit-to-unit comparison Data analysis and trending software/techniques
• Ability to meet firm deadlines; ability to build and foster strong working relationships;
ability to work in a team environment.
• The ability to develop new maintenance standard operating procedures based on manufacturing
Education / Certifications: Engineering Degree preferred ( Mechanical, Elecrical or chemical)
Work schedule: Monday- FridayNo Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
We are the second-largest snacking company in Canada and in the top 10 food companies in North America. We make and distribute delicious household favorites including Cadbury, Oreo, Mr. Christie and Maynards. We are an ambitious business—in the past few years alone, we have invested $250 million in our Ontario-based factories. Our community of over 2,600 employees is based across Canada, with our head office on Bloor Street West in Toronto. Canada plays a strategic role for Mondelēz North America and globally. We are proud of our “local-first” commercial focus that enables us to take ownership of our own market and make more, faster decisions closer to our consumers. We are also proud of our top 100 position on Forbes magazine’s 2019 Canada’s Best Employers list.
If you are applying to a position in Canada, accommodations for applicants with disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process. For all internal and external applicants who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance/support.
Job TypeRegularManufacturing supportManufacturing