While we’re experts in taste, we're also experts in the nutritional science behind our products. We constantly evaluate our portfolio and look for ways to improve their nutrition.
Sugar reduction has been a focus for us over the past 10 years. We know that to maintain a healthier, more balanced diet, it is important to manage the intake of both sugar and calories. And we agree people should limit their sugar intake as part of an effort to reduce calories. This aligns with and supports the WHO and other regulatory agencies’ advice for consumers to limit added sugar intake to no more than 10 percent of daily calories.
We take a multi-pronged approach to help consumers manage sugar and calories, focused on five areas:
- Creating new products with less sugar;
- Reducing sugar amount in current products;
- Launching and supporting lower sugar sub-lines;
- Increasing portion control options;
- Reinforcing portion messaging on pack.
That way people can savor the taste they love, but with fewer calories and sugar. Sugar (PDF)