We asked Kelly, our RDQ professional on some career defining moments, and here is what she has to say:
“The culture here is filled with Passionate, driven, and creative individuals.”
Friday, October 29, 2021
1.What are the positive challenges your job offers you?
I want to make a positive impact and change to people's lives and my job allows me to understand how people use our packaging as well as being able to work with our team of designers to improve the consumer experience.
2. What is the most exciting project that you have worked on?
I can't narrow it down to just one, but my top two projects would be creating the vision for Oreo and Cadbury packaging for the next 10 years.
3. How have you developed your career during your time at MDLZ?
Since joining in 2019, I have grown creatively and MDLZ has enabled me to become a line manager (which I love) and I now regularly speak to Global Brand Directors and I feel I have much more impact on the business.
4. Can you give us an example of how you stepped outside your comfort-zone in this role?
>My role focuses on packaging but, to understand the experience more, I've had to step more into the brand, consumer science and insight space to help translate what consumers want for our packs so they feel a closer affinity to the brand from all aspects.
5. What is your biggest learning experience since working at MDLZ?
Becoming a line manager was the biggest learning experience for me. I manage two awesome individuals, both with different cultural backgrounds to me, and I've learned I love helping people learn and grow. Seeing them do amazing work is the best reward.
6. How would you describe the work culture at Mondelēz International and within your function?
The culture here is filled with Passionate, driven, and creative individuals.
7. What advice would you give someone that is looking to join MDLZ in the R&D function?
Be open, honest and yourself. MDLZ values individuals with passion.