We are using cookies in order to facilitate your navigation. By continuing to navigate on this website or clicking on the close button you accept our policy regarding the usage of cookies.Yes, I accept Learn more
COVID-19: MDLZ’s Work to Support Our Communities, Our People and Our Customers
“Managing through and recovering from this global crisis will take everyone’s support and I am pleased we’re standing up to advance relief efforts around the world.”
Dirk Van de Put
MDLZ Chairman and CEO
Friday, April 23, 2021
Taking Care of Our Communities: $30MM Global Commitment to Local Relief Efforts
Our purpose and values as a company are rooted in doing what’s right for our people and our communities. That is why we made a $15 million global commitment to support relief efforts around the world in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis. Support for this program will come from the Mondelēz International Foundation as well as global and local brand initiatives.
We are proud of the progress we've made to date, surpassing our initial $15 million commitment by $15 million, for a total of $30 million.
Percent of Commitment (as of May 7, 2021)
Local Efforts Overview
We are distributing funds to the following organizations around the world:
- Mondelēz International Foundation: Illinois COVID-19 Response Fund, Chicago Community COVID-19 Response Fund, UN/WHO Solidarity Fund, Save the Children, Global Foodbanking Network, CARE
- MDLZ US: American Red Cross
- RITZ Brand (US): Feeding America
- MDLZ Canada: United Way of Greater Toronto, Food Banks Canada, Boys & Girls Clubs Canada, Second Harvest, hospitals, Moisson Montreal, Good Shepherd, After the Bell
ASIA, MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- MDLZ China: Hubei Charity Federation, CYDF, Xuhui CDC of Shanghai, Xuhui Central Hospital of Shanghai, Railway Youth Development Donation Center, Shanghai Youth Development Foundation
- Japan, Australia & New Zealand Business Unit: Salvation Army, Red Cross Blood Service, Geelong Food Relief Centre, Royal Children's Hospital, SecondBite, foodbanks, hospitals, nursing homes and aged care facilities
- India Business Unit: IFBN Foodbank, Maharahstra Government, State administration near manufacturing plants
- MDLZ Malaysia: Foodbank Foundation, University Hospital, Sungai Buloh Hospital, Kuala Lumpur Hospital, House of Dignity + Health Clinic Puchong
- MDLZ Indonesia: National Disaster Mitigation Agency
- MDLZ Philippines: Rise Against Hunger, Philippines Business for Social Progress, University of Philippines Volunteers for Children, SOIS Children's Village, ABS-CBN Bantay Bata Foundation, World Vision, Philippines Red Cross, Hands on Manila, Payatas Child Care Center, Lawyers for Doctors, Association of Major Religious Superiors in the Philippines, Barangay Moonwalk, Sonshine Media Network International (SMNI), #Bounceback Philippines, The Medical City, E&V Water and Life Philippines, Inc.
- MDLZ Vietnam: Peoples Committee of Hung Yen Province, VSIP Binh Duong, Preventive Health Centers - Binh Duong Province, Tropical Hospital - Ho Chi Minh City, Amcham Ha Noi, Amcham Ho Chi Minh
- MDLZ Thailand: King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital of the Thai Red Cross Society, Rajavithi Hospital Foundation
- MDLZ Pakistan: PALS (Pakistan Lifesaving Association)
- Sub Saharan Africa Business Unit: SSS/Food Forward (Food Bank)
- MDLZ Italy: Hospitals in Lombardy & Piedmont
- MDLZ UK: NHS Trusts, Age UK, Grocery Aid, Geoff Horsfield Foundation, Four Seasons Care Homes, local foodbanks, hospital charities
- MDLZ Ireland: HSE Hospitals
- MDLZ Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary: Local foodbanks, Local Red Cross affiliates, St. George Hospital Foundation, Mozaika, Hospice Litomerice
- MDLZ Baltics: Fundacja Wielka Orkiestra Swiatetecznej Pomocy, Polish Red Cross, Lithuanian Food Bank, LSA Latvia
- MDLZ Germany: Local foodbanks, German Red Cross, Bremer Suppenengel, SOS Kinderdorf Bremen, Johanniter Bremen
- MDLZ Austria: Austrian Red Cross, SOS Kinderdorf, food bank
- MDLZ Switzerland: Swiss Red Cross, Zurich Red Cross, Pfarrer Sieber, USZ Foundation, Swiss Amnesty International
- MDLZ Norway: Matsentralen Norge Foodbanks, Norske Kvinners Sanitetsforening
- MDLZ Sweden: Tradera & Radiohjaipen, Hela Manniskan Stockholm, Stockholms Stadmission, ICA & SvFF
- MDLZ Netherlands: Hospitals, Food banks, Senior homes
- MDLZ Benelux: Hospitals, Food banks, Senior homes, Belgian Red Cross
- MDLZ Greece: Greek Red Cross, Food banks
- MDLZ Portugal: Medicos do Mundo
- MDLZ Spain: Spanish Red Cross, Food Banks, Hospitals, Educo
- MDLZ France: French Red Cross, Hospitals and clinics, Premiers de Cordee, SIVOM, ProtegeTonSoignant
- MDLZ Peru: Banco de Alimentos de Peru
- MDLZ Mexico: Local foodbanks
- WACAM Business Unit: Local foodbanks
- Southern Cone Business Unit: Local foodbanks
- Brazil Business Unit: Local foodbanks
Taking Care of Our People
At Mondelēz International we always put the safety of our colleagues, products and consumers first and we have taken appropriate measures to protect our workforce and our facilities. Measures include instituting additional safety and hygiene measures, adopting health screenings, stopping travel, limiting meetings of more than 10 people, enabling employees to work remotely, and beyond. In locations such as manufacturing facilities or markets where some employees are needed on-site, we’ve done detailed local risk assessments and adopted a number of heightened protocols including social distancing and enhanced personal hygiene and workplace sanitation. We have robust plans in place to deal with any possible case in our facilities and will act accordingly.
Our pay and benefits situations vary from market to market. We are observing the local legislation regarding protected leave and/or pay for those employees under required or preventive quarantine. We are monitoring the evolving situation and continue to evaluate and determine the best policies to ensure our workforce is protected.
Taking Care of Our Customers & Consumers
We continue to monitor this dynamic situation and we’re maximizing our efforts to ensure a constant flow of our products to the marketplace. We are working to ensure a stable supply of materials to our facilities and sourcing additional inventory to ensure we have an ample supply of key items and materials.
Importantly, Mondelēz International, in line with authorities such as the World Health Organization, do not see any food safety risk relating to food transmission of the virus and want to ensure consumers that our products are safe to consume.
For ongoing information about Mondelēz International’s response to the COVID-19 crisis, please visit Mondelēz Managing Coronavirus Outbreak at www.mondelezinternational.com/coronavirus