Mr. Mesquita served as Chief Executive Officer of BlueTriton Brands, a beverage company that offers regional spring water and national purified water brands, from July 2021 to March 2022. Prior to that, he was Executive Vice President and Worldwide Chairman, Consumer of Johnson & Johnson, a global healthcare products company, from December 2014 until February 2019. He also served on J&J’s Executive Committee and led the Consumer Group Operating Committee. Mr. Mesquita also served as an advisor to Cinven, a U.K. private equity firm, from 2020 to 2021.
Previously, Mr. Mesquita was employed by P&G, a global marketer of consumer products, in various marketing and leadership capacities for 29 years from 1984 to 2013. During his tenure at P&G, he served as Group President – New Business Creation and Innovation from March 2012 until June 2013; Group President – Special Assignment from January 2012 until March 2012; Group President, Global Fabric Care from 2007 to 2011; and President, Global Home Care from 2001 to 2007, also serving as President of Commercial Products and President of P&G Professional from 2006 to 2007.
- Mr. Mesquita brings extensive experience leading major global company business units. In these roles, he has a strong track record of building and marketing global brands, including the reinvention of key brands, leading strategic business transformations and driving strong, profitable growth.
- As CEO of BlueTriton Brands, he embarked on growth and innovation initiatives. As Procter & Gamble’s Group President, New Business Creation and Innovation, Mr. Mesquita redesigned the company’s business development organization and worked across the company with technology, marketing and finance leaders to develop groundbreaking innovation capabilities.
- Mr. Mesquita is known for driving innovation and has led large, complex supply chain organizations.
- Mr. Mesquita was born and raised in Mozambique, Africa and is of Portuguese descent. He has lived and worked in several countries, including Venezuela, Mexico, Brazil and the United States. He is fluent in Portuguese, Spanish and English.
- Mr. Mesquita has public company board and corporate governance experience. He is a director of Humana Inc.