Mr. Van de Put became Chief Executive Officer of Mondelēz International and joined the Company’s Board of Directors in November 2017. He became Chairman on April 1, 2018. Mr. Van de Put served as President and Chief Executive Officer of McCain Foods Limited, a multinational frozen food provider, from 2011 to 2017, and served as its Chief Operating Officer from 2010 to 2011. McCain is a $9.1 billion CAD ($7.3 billion USD) privately-held Canadian company that is the largest marketer and manufacturer of frozen french fries, potato specialties and appetizers with sales in more than 160 countries.
Mr. Van de Put also served as President and Chief Executive Officer, Global Over-the-Counter, Consumer Health Division of Novartis AG, a global healthcare company, from 2009 to 2010. From 1998 to 2009, he held a variety of roles with Groupe Danone SA, a multinational provider of packaged water, dairy and baby food products, including Executive Vice President, Fresh Dairy, Americas and Executive Vice President, Fresh Dairy, Latin America.
From 1997 to 1998, he served as President, Coca-Cola Caribbean, and as Vice President, Value Chain Management, Coca-Cola Brazil with Coca-Cola.
From 1986 to 1997, he held a variety of roles with Mars, a global manufacturer of confectionery, pet food and other food products and a provider of animal care services, including General Manager and President, Southern Cone Region, Mars South America and Vice President, Marketing, Latin America.
- Mr. Van de Put is a seasoned global Chief Executive Officer with experience and expertise in all critical business and commercial operations in both emerging and developed markets.
- Mr. Van de Put brings a global perspective, having lived and worked on three different continents.
- Mr. Van de Put has extensive leadership experience, including 30 years of experience in the food and consumer packaged goods industry.
- Mr. Van de Put is fluent in English, Dutch, French, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Mr. Van de Put has public company board and corporate governance experience. He is a director of Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. He is a former director of Mattel, Inc.