DiGiorno Introduces New Flatbread Melts and Serves Up an Irresistible Invitation to America: Lunch on Us!
GLENVIEW, Ill. – May 11, 2009 – The lunch hour just isn’t what it used to be. Nearly half (45 percent) of the country’s workers say they’re taking shorter and/or fewer lunch breaks than they did a year ago. And while many are skipping lunch to trim expenses, more than a third say they pass on the mid-day lunch break thanks to an increasing workload1.
DiGiorno is bringing innovation to the workplace to infuse a little excitement into America’s lunchtime woes and help workers take back their lunch hour. For the first time ever, the DiGiorno brand is bringing fresh-baked taste beyond the pizza aisle with new DiGiorno Flatbread Melts, a line of premium, single-serve handheld meals. With toasty flatbread folded over Italian-inspired ingredients such as white meat chicken, fire-roasted vegetables and delectable cheeses, new DiGiorno Flatbread Melts help consumers make the most of their busy lunch break with a hot, restaurant-quality meal in less than four minutes.
“Whether you’re buried under a full desk of work or running late to a meeting because of noontime traffic jams, we understand that finding time to enjoy lunch can be a challenge,” said Tom Moe, Director-Marketing of DiGiorno. “With new DiGiorno Flatbread Melts, we’re serving up a delicious, premium meal in just minutes to help busy consumers make the most of their lunch.”
Irresistible Invitation to Lunch…On Us!
On May 18, DiGiorno Flatbread Melts will offer America an Irresistible Invitation to Lunch, providing the first 100,000 people who visit www.digiorno.com/flatbreadmelts with a coupon good for a free DiGiorno Flatbread Melt. An additional 75,000 consumers will receive a half-price product coupon.
New DiGiorno Flatbread Melts
DiGiorno Flatbread Melts deliver mouth-watering taste, restaurant-quality ingredients, and variety straight from the microwave. New DiGiorno Flatbread Melts are available in four varieties:
- DiGiorno Chicken Parmesan Flatbread Melts (6 oz.) - With white meat chicken, Parmesan, Romano, Asiago and Mozzarella cheeses, and green peppers in a sweet Marinara sauce
- DiGiorno Italian-Style Meatball & Four Cheese Flatbread Melts (5.9 oz.) - With Italian-style meatballs, Parmesan, Romano, Asiago and Mozzarella cheeses in a sweet Marinara sauce
- DiGiorno Chicken & Bacon Ranch Flatbread Melts (6 oz.) - With white meat chicken, Applewood smoked bacon, Mozzarella cheese and red onion in a Ranch sauce
- DiGiorno Steak & Fire Roasted Vegetables Flatbread Melts (6 oz.) - With steak, a blend of Parmesan, Romano, Asiago and Mozzarella cheeses, fire-roasted red and yellow peppers, zucchini and red onions in a sweet Marinara sauce
DiGiorno Flatbread Melts are available nationwide with a suggested retail price of $3.19.
For more information on the entire line of DiGiorno brand products, visit www.kraftfoods.com.
# # #
About Kraft Foods
Kraft Foods (www.kraftfoodscompany.com
) makes today delicious in 150 countries around the globe. Our 100,000 employees work tirelessly to make delicious foods consumers can feel good about. From American brand icons like Kraft
cheeses, dinners and dressings, Maxwell House
coffees and Oscar Mayer
meats, to global powerhouse brands like Oreo
cream cheeses, Jacobs
and Carte Noire
powdered beverages and Milka
, Côte d’Or
chocolates, our brands deliver millions of smiles every day. Kraft Foods (NYSE: KFT) is the world’s second largest food company with annual revenues of $42 billion. The company is a member of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Standard & Poor’s 500, the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and the Ethibel Sustainability Index.
1. The DiGiorno survey was conducted among 1,000 nationally representative Americans ages 18 and older by Wakefield between April 15 and April 21, 2009, using an e-mail invitation and an online survey. Quotas have been set to ensure reliable and accurate representation of the U.S. population ages 18 and older.
DiGiorno is a registered trademark of Kraft